grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Memory Issues While Importing

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Memory Issues While Importing

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "Tom Barton" <>, "Shilen Patel" <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Memory Issues While Importing
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:15:57 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=b1NBGuBDgxkQsBPHbb4GjZWpumJs2BD00kOJgYlMJTlAGeao7Gi15k+MsxzjLbK0/E5wk4uBnKMX7zUwUm6XZqekoSYCruAGjIFEdVT51fiLf9W7/VKhMiRffMcaoZ/cGe6yIFTnx1/AnA+6C5PLqXylFjKhZKhvhbH3//ll/eo=

On 6/7/07,

We tried using the supplied xml-import tool, but ran into a number of
problems; in the end, we judged these problems to be intractable.

We ended up writing our own program to load/maintain the membership
of these groups. So far, this seems to be working well. The program
is still in development (eg we recently added functionality to set
ACLs on the groups in MACE Grouper). And we're still trying to
improve its performance.

We're willing to share this program with the community, if people are
interested. Obviously, the "input" side of this program is currently
somewhat Brown specific. However, all of the logic is isolated from
that, so it should be somewhat portable.

It would be great if you could share this.