grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Memory Issues While Importing

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Memory Issues While Importing

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Memory Issues While Importing
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:53:30 -0500

This is probably due to DOM processing memory needs, a drawback to dealing with very large object models. To xml-import, the size of the DOM and available memory will need to be balanced. So, either assign more ram, if possible, or break the xml into pieces. If your database is logically partitioned by stems, one approach is to xml-export then import by stem. Or resort to editing that huge file to produce logically complete chunks.

A pain either way, I know.

Unless someone has some magic for dealing with large xml files?

Shilen Patel wrote:
Hello,

I have an XML file that I'm trying to import using Grouper 1.2rc3. The file contains over 100,000 groups and has a file size of about 230MB. Even after setting the heap size to 1GB, I'm running out of memory before any data is imported into the Grouper tables. Are there any suggestions on how I can import this file? I suppose I can break the file up into multiple files, but I'm hoping there's another solution.

Thanks,

-- Shilen