grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappc_1_0 help

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappc_1_0 help

  • From:
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc_1_0 help
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:27:01 -0400

At 5:02 PM -0400 5/25/07,

wrote:
Hello,

While building this package, should I be able to successfully pass all tests, since I do not have grouper quickstart database populated?
Is test script going to populate quickstart database for testing purposes?

I've never gotten the tests to run. But, I haven't tried very hard... I seem to recall that the tests require that you be running an ldap server on the same host where you're running ldappc, and I never did that....

I am not sure how should I use ldappc for provisioning data from oracle? What changes should be done, and which command should be executed? Can someone please point me to the right direction?

Here are my notes. I first ran ldappc using a quickstart version of grouper as the "input" (along with a local ldap directory). More recently, I've been running ldappc with a v1.2 version of Grouper (non quickstart) that uses oracle as my input, along with an ldap server.

Here are the steps I followed:

1) copy these files from your Grouper install to ldappc/ldappc_1_0/conf

ehcache.xml
grouper.hibernate.properties
grouper.properties
sources.xml

2) edit the ldappc/ldappc_1_0/lib directory
add hsqldb-1.7.2.11.jar (copy it from your grouper deploy)
remove hsqldb.jar

-- this may only be necessary if you're storing your group definitions in hsql, rather than oracle (which I was doing originally....)

3) edit sources.xml

At the bottom of the file:

///Attributes you would like to display when doing a search
<attribute>uid</attribute>
<attribute>cn</attribute>
<attribute>department</attribute>
<attribute>brownBRUID</attribute>

add an attribute element referring to the key value that links your grouper DB to ldap person objects (in our case, this is brownBRUID )

4) if you're using Grouper v1.2, then copy grouper.jar to the ldappc/lib directory

5) if you're using oracle, copy the appropriate oracle jar to the lib directory (we're using oracle 10g, and I'm using ojdbc14.jar )

6) create ldappc.xml -- NOTE that the references to sources -- the attribute values on the source-subject-identifier element -- are case-sensitive....

7) I use this shell script to run ldappc; Michael Gettes created the script. edit as appropriate... both HOME and CMD....

let me know if these set of notes is complete... than perhaps we can get them on the wiki....

#!/bin/sh

HOME=/home/stc/Downloads/ldappc/ldappc_1_0
APP_HOME=$HOME/build/ldappc

# The user's $CLASSPATH
CP="${APP_HOME}/classes:${APP_HOME}/conf:${HOME}/lib"

for f in ${HOME}/lib/*.jar; do
CP="${CP}:$f"
done

cd $HOME

### changed path to java
CMD="/usr/jdk1.5.0_11/bin/java -classpath ${CP} -Xmx256m edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.Ldappc -subject GrouperSystem -groups -memberships $*"

echo $CMD
$CMD