grouper-users - Information about deleted groups and users

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Information about deleted groups and users

  • From: aragorn <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Information about deleted groups and users
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:33:40 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to ask, why there is now way how to get information from Grouper API about deleted groups or memberships? Do you have some special purpose (performance, size of database, ...) to not implement this functionality?

We need to propagate changes (CRUD of groups and memberships) made in Grouper to other systems (Sun IDM). I have idea how to "simple" solve this task. Just use another DB where will be archived all groups and memberships and set of classes to update this DB from Grouper. Before I start to implement this I'd like to know if you plan to add this functionality to future releases of core Grouper API or if we can contribute this "extension"?

-----
Josef Krupicka
Centre for Information Technology (CIV)
University of West Bohemia in Pilsen