grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] another xml-import question.....

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] another xml-import question.....

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] another xml-import question.....
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:39:54 +0000

--On 14 March 2007 09:18 -0400

wrote:

would the group EAB.DEPARTMENT.ALUMNI_RELATIONS have to have been
previously defined/loaded, in order for this definition to work
successfully?
It needs to exist, or be defined in the current import file. The
import creates all 'missing' stems and groups before it tries to
assign privileges or add members to lists.

so... xml_import does DOM style processing?

... and if I have a *really* large input file (say, 34MB) I'll probably
have to increase heap size, etc... ?
That's right. I've never pushed it, so I'm not sure what the largest input file vs available memory is.

... anything other than heap size?
I guess that if you have > 1 processor, a concurrent garbage collector might help.

... (or figure out how to do a sequential set of loads, loading the BASE
groups first...)
It may well make sense to load a series of smaller files. For general loading that is what I intend to do, so that if something fails I don't have to re-run everything.

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing