grouper-users - another xml-import question.....

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

another xml-import question.....

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: another xml-import question.....
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:15:06 -0400

I'm trying to move over a set of group definitions from our existing, old Brown Grouper system. That software supported the concept of "nested groups", as does MACE Grouper. I'm generating an xml file, and then using MACE Grouper's xml-import tool to load the data into MACE Grouper.

I'm been able to use this approach to successfully load people into my groups; however, I'm having no luck specifying that Group A should include the members of Group B.

Here's the syntax I'm using:

<stem extension="DEPARTMENT" displayExtension="DEPARTMENT">
<group extension="ALUMNI_RELATIONS" displayExtension="ALUMNI_RELATIONS">
<list field="members">
<subject identifier="EAB.DEPARTMENT.ALUMNI_RELATIONS" type="group" immediate='true' />
</list>
</group>
</stem>

I'm concerned about the "subject" element -- do I have the right set of attributes?

and, in the GUI, how would I see that DEPARTMENT. ALUMNI_RELATIONS contains the EAB.DEPARTMENT.ALUMNI_RELATIONS group?

thanks!