grouper-users - Performance Issues

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Performance Issues

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Performance Issues
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:17:20 -0500

Hello,

I have Grouper 1.1 installed with about 72,000 groups and 460,000 members. After adding all these groups and members, I've noticed performance issues like the following:

1. In the Grouper UI, using the "Manage Groups" link stalls. However, I have no problems using "All Groups".
2. Since the ALL subject is granted read and view privileges to all of the groups, method calls like Member.hasRead() and Member.hasView() can take hours.
3. I have an instance where a Group X has admin privileges to about 20,000 groups. It takes about an hour to add a member to Group X because the new member is indirectly given admin privileges to the 20,000 groups.

Have issues like these been addressed? Will they be resolved in a future version of Grouper? Any tips on how I can perform these operations faster?

Thanks,

-- Shilen