grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Problem Creating Stems

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Problem Creating Stems

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: "blair christensen." <>
  • Cc: Tom Barton <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Problem Creating Stems
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:46:48 -0400

The problem appears to have been caused by the Grouper UI. The UI somehow locked a row in the GROUPER_GROUPS_TYPES table and never released the lock. And whenever I tried to add a stem, the API attempted to delete the locked row. After I restarted the Tomcat instance running the Grouper UI, the lock was released and I was able to create more stems.

Thanks,

-- Shilen

blair christensen. wrote:
On 10/4/06, Shilen Patel
A separate application that just adds the 11,704th stem fails. For
example, if I add the stem using Grouper Shell with hibernate.show_sql
set to true, I get the following output before Grouper Shell hangs:

I'd guess that this is a database or database+hibernate issue.

* What database are you using?
* Are you only adding stems or are you also adding groups, members,
privileges, etc?
* What is your stem structure? Are you creating all 11,704 stems
beneath a single parent stem or do you multiple layers of stems? The
job I have running right now has currently added ~14k stems (and
counting) to a hierarchy that is three layers deep. This is using
HEAD and HSQLDB.

It might be useful to check your database logs as well as turn up
Hibernate's logging in `conf/log4j.properties` before attempting to
add the 11,704th stem.