grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Problem Creating Stems

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Problem Creating Stems

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Problem Creating Stems
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:30:05 -0500

Do you mean that a single load process stops? There've been a few similar reports that were caused by running out of JVM heap space. Have you set yours up from the default? Or do you mean that even independent application invocations that try to add the 11,704 + 1st stem fail to do so?

Tom

Shilen Patel wrote:
Hello,

I'm noticing a strange issue with Grouper that I'm hoping somebody can help me out with. I'm trying to create about 60,000 stems in Grouper, but after creating 11,704 stems, I'm unable to create any more with the API and with Grouper Shell. In the _initializeChildGroupsAndStems(Stem) method of the Stem class, at the point where the code is trying to do a commit, nothing appears to be happening and the application just hangs (for days). Though, I'm able to manuallly insert stems into the GROUPER_STEMS table. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks,

-- Shilen Patel