grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Re: the problem of integer cas auth with group-ui

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Re: the problem of integer cas auth with group-ui

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: "??" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Re: the problem of integer cas auth with group-ui
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:04:36 +0100

--On 28 September 2006 13:47 +0100 "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <> wrote:

I just tried building Grouper with the CAS code, and you are right - it
isn`t working - for Tomcat 4 or 5. I`ll take a look and see what I`ve
managed to break.

The basic problem is that the filter mappings in the web.xml are wrong. I must have broken this when trying to fix some other merge order problem.

The correct order is:

Caller page
PreCASFilter
CAS Gateway Filter
CAS Filter
Login check

The CAS Filter is configured to return the correct value for request.getRemoteUser.

I'll have to look again at how the web.xml merging works (or doesn't).

and change
the struts-config.xml file that make "callLogin" forward to home.do.
This is the way I have done it in the past - but it isn't documented with the contrib readme.

By the way, rather than edit the source files directly it is better to create a 'custom' tree and use the build process to combine those with the standard files. This way your changes won't be overwritten when the next version is released. The QuickStart custom-grouper-ui can be used as a template.

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing