grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper UI In Weblogic 9.x

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper UI In Weblogic 9.x

  • From: Monica Crawford <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper UI In Weblogic 9.x
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:22:18 -0500

Hi Gary,

Thanks so much. I can run the below w/in the with Weblogic 9.2 and JBoss 4.0.2 containers. I followed the upgrades to accommodate a 2.4 servlet spec and 2.0 jsp spec. and made the grouper-el rtexpvalue I also noticed that it worked in weblogic when I compiled the files against the servlet-api.jar (2.4 jar file).

FYI, the shipped grouper-ui, it works as is under a 2.3/1/1 servlet spec/jsp spec for JBoss 4.0.2 but not for Weblogic 9.X. BEA says the issue w/ struts-el and WL 9.X is solvable only if you upgrade to 2.4.

Monica

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
Hi Monica,

Following your recipe and making some additional changes to grouper-el.tld, I have the UI working with Tomcat 5.5 using the 2.4 servlet API. I've attached the tld file. My additional changes involved modifying:

<rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>

<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>

Would you check whether that allows you to run the UI? If not, it may be a Weblogic specific issue. I can try and install Weblogic with a developer license, but that may take a while to setup.

If this change does fix your problem, I'll have a look at the best way of supporting the 2.3 and 2.4 specs. By now I expect most people will be using a 2.4 capable container, but we can canvas this list to confirm that. If it is the case, and the working group are in agreement, I'll change the default to the 2.4 spec with instructions or a build option to support the 2.3 api.

Regards,

Gary