grouper-users - Invitation to Participate in Upcoming Identity Management Activities

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Invitation to Participate in Upcoming Identity Management Activities

  • From: "Ann West" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Invitation to Participate in Upcoming Identity Management Activities
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:08:17 -0600

My apologies for the duplicate postings. -AW

Dear Colleagues,

We'd like to invite you to help others by sharing your identity
management (IdM) story.

If chosen to be featured, your institution would be asked to present at
an upcoming meeting and/or work with us to develop your campus IdM
experience into a written NSF Middleware Initiative case study.

Your story could address the following issues:

1) What business problems are driving your IdM infrastructure
development? What process and deciding factors did you us to choose your
IdM tools and software? This software could include any combination of
IdM vendor, vendor and open-source, or just open-source software. See
the list below for the open-source packages we're interested in
featuring:

- Shibboleth System (http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/)
- Signet Privilege Management System (http://signet.internet2.edu)
- Grouper Group Toolkit (http://grouper.internet2.edu)
- Nexus Provisioning System
(https://meta.memphis.edu/display/Nexus/Main)
- OpenMetadirectory System (http://dweller.catalogix.se:8200/)

2) How did you integrate the chosen software tools and products with
each other as well as your existing campus systems? What went well and
what didn't? What functions or systems are still missing that you'd like
to address?

Even if you just have suggestions to offer about one of the questions
above, the case study could be useful to others, so don't be shy.

Interested in this opportunity? Please contact me and I will follow up
with you on the specifics.

Cheers,

Ann West
--------
Ann West
Outreach Lead
NMI-EDIT Consortium of Internet2 and EDUCAUSE www.nmi-edit.org
906-487-1726

  • Invitation to Participate in Upcoming Identity Management Activities, Ann West, 08/22/2006