grouper-users - Bingo!

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Bingo!

  • From: Shelley Henderson <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Bingo!
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 11:34:20 -0800

The -X did the trick under the Mac OS X X11 utility -- GUI now running.

Tnx!

Shelley
USC

On Jan 4, 2005, at 11:31 AM, Mark McLaren wrote:

In my eagerness to participate I sent this reply directly to Tom only, Doh!
Apparently you need to do something like:

ssh -X
user@remotehost

See e.g.: <http://www.macwrite.com/criticalmass/x-on-mac-os-x-step.php>

HTH

Mark

Tom Barton wrote:

Do you have X11 tunneling configured in your ssh client? The few ssh server implementations I've worked with automatically set the DISPLAY, although the few windows X11 servers I've worked with required some config tweaking to allow the inbound requests from ssh connections. I guess the question boils down to: can you run any X windows app on that sunbox under your mac's X window server?

Tom