grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Feature Request/Inquiry

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Feature Request/Inquiry

  • From: Pregash J Devasagayam <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Feature Request/Inquiry
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:01:35 -0700

Hi All,

We have a specific use case, which we want to see if other universities have addressed.  We are using grouper to manage Office 365/Exchange Distribution Lists, and our end users will manage their lists through the new UI.  These groups are created by our messaging team and then will be passed on to the end user.  They are created with the include/exclude model, and we want to have another group type option which would also create a "manage" or "updater" group.  This group would also be given updater privileges to the include, exclude, sor and itself.  We are looking to develop this model here at CU but I wanted to throw this scenario to the list to see if we could get this as a built in option much like the include/exclude option or if there is a better way to address this.

Group Name

Permissions

Group-A

Group-A_Includes