grouper-dev - Re: RE: [grouper-dev] Feature Request/Inquiry

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: RE: [grouper-dev] Feature Request/Inquiry

  • From: Pregash J Devasagayam <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Pregash J Devasagayam <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: RE: [grouper-dev] Feature Request/Inquiry
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:21:15 -0700

I guess what would make the most sense is an includes group and an excludes group and the registry sor group can be nested in the includes group.  I see what you are saying with the SOR group, but I guess in our situation what we need is not really an SOR group, but a place to nest an SOR group.  The manager will not have access to add or remove people from the actual registry group, but can nest it into their group.  So the model would look like:

Group A

Group A_Excludes

Group A_Includes

Group A_Manage
Read/Update
Privileges

Registry Group (nested by the manager into Group A_Includes)

This way our end user is left with an include and exclude group and can decide whether or not to use our provided SOR registry groups.  Then the auto-generated manage group will be given permission to the include and exclude groups.

Does this sound like the right approach to take?

-Pregash