grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] grouper ActiveMQ integration

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] grouper ActiveMQ integration

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] grouper ActiveMQ integration
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 04:08:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Here is something I have been working on, let me know any thoughts, perhaps we could discuss at the dev call on wed.  Anyone else interested in using this?

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+ActiveMQ+integration

BTW, I hope Penn and Penn State (and Brown?) can document some lessons learned on general ActiveMQ configuration / loadTesting / configuration / etc.

ActiveMQ is an open source application messaging middleware service where applications can send messages to other applications (or groups of consumers) in real-time without polling.

Grouper can be used to manage ActiveMQ authorizations. University of Pennsylvania and Penn State are interested in this component.

ActiveMQ users can send/receive messages to topics/queues, and also can dynamically create topics/queues. Grouper permissions can be exported and kept in sync (cron'ed and real-time) with a local permissions store. An ActiveMQ plugin reads the local permissions and enforces the rules.

The Grouper-ActiveMQ component is a jar that you can add to the ActiveMQ system (along with a few other jars), and some configuration that allows authorization managed from Grouper.