grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] gid/fid/aid

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] gid/fid/aid

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Peter Schober <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] gid/fid/aid
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:40:06 -0400

Sounds good

Dave

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Chris Hyzer <> wrote:
When I say "int", I dont mean Java int, I mean it is a whole number.  It would be a whole numeric type in the DB that could be much larger than 2^32...  however like I said, if you are using this for something like GID and you have an external constraint max number of 2^32 then you would have that "constraint" but not in the DB.  e.g. in mysql if you look at whole number columns they are bigint(20), this would be similar.  ok?

thanks,