Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Peter Schober <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] gid/fid/aid
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:49:23 +0200
- Organization: Vienna University Computer Center
* David Langenberg
> If you want such a constraint (uniqueness at the database layer) why not
> skip the INT datatype and use varchar? Yes, storing essentially an integer
> as a string does rub wrong, but it seems future-proof at least from the
> outset. I just worry that starting with INT will lead us to the same issue
> that we're having with IPv4 where sure in 1980 4 billion IP addresses
> seemed enough for anybody, but that sure doesn't cut it in 2012.
Somehow I doubt Grouper will play a role comparable to global IP
addressing 32 years in the future.
- [grouper-dev] gid/fid/aid, Chris Hyzer, 04/24/2012
- Re: [grouper-dev] gid/fid/aid, David Langenberg, 04/24/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.