grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] installer vs quickstart

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] installer vs quickstart

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] installer vs quickstart
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:44:37 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Gary (or others),

Does the installer mean that we do not need to maintain/release the quickstart anymore?

Are there features that the quickstart has that we should add to the installer?  Right now it adds sample subjects and data, but nothing else… should optionally add the other quickstart customizations to the installer?

Is the easy login filter needed if we have tomcat doing authn?  Should we add in users into the tomcat-users.xml?

Should I do some media / nav overrides?

Since the UI is being rewritten, I don’t think we should spend too much effort on stuff like that, but some examples would be useful…