grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] [ldappcng] change log ordering when renaming stems with child groups ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] [ldappcng] change log ordering when renaming stems with child groups ?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>, Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] [ldappcng] change log ordering when renaming stems with child groups ?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 18:38:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Note, release candidates are here (there is a known issue with quickstart
btw, the API didn't build right inside :) ):

http://www.internet2.edu/grouper/release/2.0.2/

On Behalf Of Tom Zeller
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 1:58 PM
To: Shilen Patel
Cc: Grouper Dev
Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] [ldappcng] change log ordering when renaming stems
with child groups ?

Before you get too far, a quick check against my local openldap
reminds me that some directory servers support subtree renaming, and
others may not.

For example, given

ou=stem,dc=edu
ou=child,ou=stem,dc=edu

I cannot moddn ou=stem since it is non-leaf. And I cannot rename
ou=child first since the parent does not exist yet. I would need to
create a new ou=newStem, move ou=child over to it, then delete
ou=stem. Which would not be renaming. I guess we care about renaming
stems for Active Directory since access privileges may be assigned to
ous, not sure.

Hmm.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Shilen Patel