grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] stem.getAlternateNames() ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] stem.getAlternateNames() ?

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] stem.getAlternateNames() ?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 20:14:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

There may just not have been any use cases for stem alternate names at the
time. I think we could add it if there's a use case now.

How are you using (or planning to use) the alternate names? Keep in mind
that we only keep one alternate name for groups and whether it gets set or
not is optional at the time a user performs a move. So if you're
expecting it to always be set as the most recent name in LDAP, there may
be some issues to consider.

Thanks!

-- Shilen

On 11/1/11 2:51 PM, "Tom Zeller"