grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] stem.getAlternateNames() ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] stem.getAlternateNames() ?

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] stem.getAlternateNames() ?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 13:51:08 -0500

I think this is for Shilen,

Could you remind me why stems do not have getAlternateNames() like groups do ?

I think we decided that we only wanted to be able to lookup groups,
and not stems, by their old / alternate name.

If stems had getAlternameNames(), I might be able to use the same code
which handles group renames / moves / copies.

If we decided, and I am not sure that we will change our minds, that
getAlternateNames() should be available for stems, is it possible ?

Thanks,
TomZ