grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] ldapp incremental

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] ldapp incremental

  • From: JAMES VUCCOLO <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] ldapp incremental
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:56:35 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Chris Hyzer"
> <>

We are very interested in hearing about this too, definitely what operations
will happen in the directory. Listening in on the PACCMAN call today, I am
not sure the caching described will solve our problems. Our users expect
that when they make a change to a group in a small period of time (did not
want to use the word real-time), will see that change in LDAP. Most if not
all of our applications today go against the directory and probably in the
future will continue to do so. Our hope is for the incremental provisioning
to LDAP as opposed to what exists in LDAPPCNG. We have a large number of
groups > 40K and a number of them have memberships in the 30K vicinity.

Thanks JimmyV

--
James "Jimmy" Vuccolo,

Technical Manager, Identity and Access Management
The Pennsylvania State University
215B Computer Building, University Park, PA 16802
Office: 814-865-5635
http://www.personal.psu.edu/jvuccolo/