grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] RE: [paccman] rules on groups in stem

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] RE: [paccman] rules on groups in stem

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] RE: [paccman] rules on groups in stem
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:07:12 -0400

That is a good idea. Maybe we need a two pronged approach... a rule which
does roll-ups into a group...

- A rule which will add members of all groups in a folder structure by name
pattern or type or something to a roll-up group

Then once we have that roll-up group, we can use it for other purposes like
other rules or in ldap or whatever

I think this would be for one off things, if you have an org structure with a
thousand folders and 3 thousand groups, I think you would want to use the
loader and not have rules on every folder...

Im fine with waiting until someone needs something like this though...

On Behalf Of Tom Zeller