Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Tom Barton <>
- To: Christian Daviau <>
- Cc: Emily Eisbruch <>, Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Fwd: ESCO-Grouper UI
- Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 11:44:04 -0500
A *very* nice UI! Naturally, I'm interested to know if it can be made available to other grouper users. Can it, do you think? And might there be a way for the community to be able to enhance it or extend it?
A question about the dynamic groups: once a dynamic group is specified in the UI, where is that specification kept, what evaluates it, and when?
Have you thought about the UI design from the perspective of maybe extending it to eventually work with audit data, or with roles and permissions?
Emily Eisbruch wrote:
Thank you for this excellent information on the ESCO-Grouper UI and how it uses Fluid elements. I am forwarding it on to the Grouper Developers List.
Begin forwarded message:
*From: *Christian Daviau < <mailto:>>
*Date: *July 22, 2010 7:40:44 AM EDT
*To: *Emily Eisbruch
*Cc: *Thomas BIZOUERNE < <mailto:>>, ardem < <mailto:>>
*Subject: **ESCO-Grouper UI*
Hi Emily !
I send you this message because I don't know for who I can send this information (on a grouper list ?).
I told you, few time ago, that we have a UI for grouper named ESCO-Grouper UI.
I saw, in the "Grouper Call 7-July-2010", you want to explore Fuild capabilities for UIs. ESCO-Grouper UI uses Fluid and we have good returns of our users.
ESCO-Grouper UI can be used in servlet or portlet mode (for uPortal by example).
It's possible to make pluggins to extend the capabilities of the UI. For exemple, we made the "dynamic group" module, but we can imagine a module for
discussion lists, for samba shares...
ESCO-Grouper UI uses Grouper WS and Grouper API, actually in 1.5 version.
This UI is full configurable :
- screens (fields, names of the elements, colums of the tables,...)
- search filters,
It was developped with fuild elements for a user friendly interface :
- contextual menu depends of the rights of the user,
- drag and drop to move groups,
- rights displayed when hovering the mouse for all the elements of the tree,
- subscriptions by a simple click,
- dynamics groups (whith the dynamic group hook in Grouper),
It proposes a lot of functionnalities :
- possibility of differents profiles definition : all fonctionnalities, only the tree of the folders and groups, only the subscription page...
- Online Help on each page,
- research of people in groups,
To view the possibilities of ESCO-Grouper UI, you can find demonstration movies at http://pub.giprecia.fr/esco-portail/Grouper/presentations/ (ogv and avi formats). "ESCO-Grouper_more" is a complement for "ESCO-Grouper"...
If you want, we can give you a account to try ESCO-Grouper UI.
I hope you will like this interface that we can put at your disposal if you wish.
Emily Eisbruch, Technology Transfer Analyst
office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile +1-734-730-5749
Visit our website: www.internet2.edu <http://www.internet2.edu/>
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/internet2 <http://www.twitter.com/internet2>
Become a Fan on Facebook: www.internet2.edu/facebook <http://www.internet2.edu/facebook>
- [grouper-dev] Fwd: ESCO-Grouper UI, Emily Eisbruch, 07/22/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.