That is an amazing UI…
[mailto:] On Behalf Of Emily Eisbruch
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:18 AM
To: Grouper Dev; Christian Daviau
Subject: [grouper-dev] Fwd: ESCO-Grouper UI
Thank you for this excellent information on
the ESCO-Grouper UI and how it uses Fluid elements. I am forwarding it on
to the Grouper Developers List.
22, 2010 7:40:44 AM EDT
Hi Emily !
I send you this message because I don't know for who I can send this
information (on a grouper list ?).
I told you, few time ago, that we have a UI for grouper named ESCO-Grouper UI.
I saw, in the "Grouper Call 7-July-2010", you want to explore Fuild
capabilities for UIs. ESCO-Grouper UI uses Fluid and we have good returns of
ESCO-Grouper UI can be used in servlet or portlet mode (for uPortal by
It's possible to make pluggins to extend the capabilities of the UI. For
exemple, we made the "dynamic group" module, but we can imagine a
discussion lists, for samba shares...
ESCO-Grouper UI uses Grouper WS and Grouper API, actually in 1.5 version.
This UI is full configurable :
- screens (fields, names of the elements, colums of the tables,...)
- search filters,
It was developped with fuild elements for a user friendly interface :
- contextual menu depends of the rights of the user,
- drag and drop to move groups,
- rights displayed when hovering the mouse for all the elements of the tree,
- subscriptions by a simple click,
- dynamics groups (whith the dynamic group hook in Grouper),
It proposes a lot of functionnalities :
- possibility of differents profiles definition : all fonctionnalities, only
the tree of the folders and groups, only the subscription page...
- Online Help on each page,
- research of people in groups,
To view the possibilities of ESCO-Grouper UI, you can find demonstration movies
(ogv and avi formats). "ESCO-Grouper_more" is a complement for
If you want, we can give you a account to try ESCO-Grouper UI.
I hope you will like this interface that we can put at your disposal if you