grouper-dev - converting group to role?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

converting group to role?

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: converting group to role?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:46:39 -0400

Hey,

I'm wondering if it should be possible to convert a group to a role. If you set Group.setTypeOfGroup(TypeOfGroup.role), that doesn't add the role sets. Should that add the role set(s), or should there be another way to convert a group to a role, or is there actually another way, or should it not be possible..?

I basically mistakenly added a group instead of a role and then added memberships and access privileges and finally when I was about to add permissions, I realized my mistake.

Thanks!

-- Shilen