grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc-ng comparing provisioned identifiers ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc-ng comparing provisioned identifiers ?

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc-ng comparing provisioned identifiers ?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:34:33 -0600

Perhaps my question should have been : how should we expose the need
to canonicalize identifiers to potential writers of custom connectors
?

I was hardcoding the spml-to-ldap connector, ala the original ldappc,
and thought better of it. Requiring compliance with a java interface
class would require java, which might not always be used. For example,
someone might write an spml-to-powershell connector.

I hadn't thought of re-using the attribute resolver, which seems like
a good idea, along with a supplied ldap canonicalizer as a working
example. This way, since jndi has limitations, folks can choose their
own (we'll probably use org.apache.directory).

Thanks

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Tom Barton