Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: RE: 1.5 branch
- Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 02:50:57 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
Now that we have a branch, I committed the Rice integration code Ive been working on (not 1.5.0). The three issues below are committed:
Filter member list by subject source:
I think there is another issue I need to look at which is being able to filter a group list for a member by stem (immediate or descendent) [api/ws/client]. In Rice, the groups available from grouper are a subset of the total group list (probably), so when listing groups for a person, we should limit those to the Kim stem. Also, in Rice you can list the groups for a person on a namespace (one specific stem). This feature has been requested for other purposes too (e.g. ui’s)
I made a branch from HEAD in CVS called: GROUPER_1_5_BRANCH
This is for the API, UI, WS, client, subject API, QS.
I renamed the eclipse projects in there to have a suffix of _v1_5, so we can open those projects at the same time as other branches.
So for now, the 1.5 branch is only for important bugfixes for the 1.5.0 release.
The HEAD branch is for the next minor feature release to 1.5 (e.g. 1.5.1 or whatever number it is depending on how many bug releases we have in the meantime).
I have a few minor features for the Rice/Grouper integration that I will commit to the HEAD branch, but these wont be in 1.5.0. e.g.
1. Have a way to get non-immediate members of a group (effective + composite) (API + WS + client)
2. Be able to select members of a group by subject source(s). So you could get all the non group members of a group, or all the members of a group which are groups. (API + WS + client). I have heard requests for this in general, e.g. give me all the people in a group, I don’t care about GrouperSystem, or EveryEntity, or groups, I just care about people with netIds.
3. Be able to query web services through the group client by uuid (e.g. get members of a group by group uuid). Currently you can just do this by group name.
- 1.5 branch, Chris Hyzer, 12/06/2009
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- RE: 1.5 branch, Chris Hyzer, 12/07/2009
- RE: 1.5 branch, Chris Hyzer, 12/10/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.