grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] group specific help

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] group specific help

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Niels van Dijk <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] group specific help
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 00:18:39 -0400

Right, good idea.

One thing Penn is interested in (especially with the upcoming
enabled/disabled dates in memberships and attribute assignments), is email
notifications. This could be to notify admins when anyone gets access to a
group/role or get privileges. Or it could be to notify end users (not sure
there is a need here, but just throwing that out there). For disabled dates,
we could give admins/people a warning about their access nearing the end of
its life. Here is a long-term jira to track this:

Also, Penn has this come up from time to time (e.g. VP's delegate to their
admins or others). Also it is in Rob Carter's access management use cases
and I hear it mentioned from time to time at conferences. Delegation. Users
should be able to tag a group as delegatable, or to tag memberships/attribute
assignments as delegatable. Then the recipients should be able to grant the
same membership/attribute to other users (and revoke memberships/attributes
that they have delegated). Also perhaps there is delegation with start/end
dates. Here is the long-term Jira.

Rob's use cases (see Clery Notification, or TA Grade Access):
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/CAMPJune2009/Use+Cases+Organized+by+Area+of+Interest

Thoughts?