grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: RL 'Bob' Morgan <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:38:18 +0100

--On 17 April 2009 14:49 -0700 RL 'Bob' Morgan <> wrote:

The ldappc tool needs small but necessary modifications to provision our
group directories.

- drop the dashes from the uuid when making rdns.
- convert the colons in group names to underscores

Hmm, I seem to recall from long ago that it was possible to configure
Grouper to use a hierarchy delimiter other than ":" in group ids. Is
this not so?
I'm afraid it isn't possible. It was always on the list of things to do but blair shelved it - I think because he thought it would be a lot of work. In any case it never made it to a work package.

- RL "Bob"

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing