Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
- To: Jim Fox <>
- Cc: Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:53:09 -0400
I thought the issue of the JNDI adapter was resolved some time
ago to allow for connection pooling? This involved the setting
of an environment variable in the grouper code enabling the pooling
built into the sun code. I also believe the sun jndi does support
ssl and connection pooling for ssl. What leads you to believe it
doesn't? What am i missing?
On Apr 16, 2009, at 17:05, Jim Fox wrote:
(this is my initial look, not RLBob's)
We are looking at Grouper as a possibly registry for our groups service,
presently supported by an LDAP directory and a RESTful webservice. We're
testing and planning, not yet installing. These are some random issues
we've encountered. Not complaining, just thought I'd let you know.
1) Jndi source adapter
The jndi classes from Sun do not support ldap connections using ssl or
tls very well. They do not support connection pooling, thereby causing
a lot of connection overhead. We wrote a source adapter using the ldap
library from virginia tech - the one used by shibboleth. It works quite
a bit more efficiently.
- UW's initial look at grouper, Jim Fox, 04/16/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper, Tom Barton, 04/16/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper, Michael R. Gettes, 04/17/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper, RL 'Bob' Morgan, 04/17/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing, 04/20/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.