Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Jim Fox <>
- To: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
- Cc: Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:18:45 -0700
Sun's own documentation says not to try to use connection pooling with
TLS. Ignoring that I've tried many times to get it to work, both with
grouper and with a shib 1.3 IdP. All without success. The VT library
works just fine right out of the box.
On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 06:53 -0700, Michael R. Gettes wrote:
> I thought the issue of the JNDI adapter was resolved some time
> ago to allow for connection pooling? This involved the setting
> of an environment variable in the grouper code enabling the pooling
> built into the sun code. I also believe the sun jndi does support
> ssl and connection pooling for ssl. What leads you to believe it
> doesn't? What am i missing?
> On Apr 16, 2009, at 17:05, Jim Fox wrote:
> > (this is my initial look, not RLBob's)
> > We are looking at Grouper as a possibly registry for our groups
> > service,
> > presently supported by an LDAP directory and a RESTful webservice.
> > We're
> > testing and planning, not yet installing. These are some random
> > issues
> > we've encountered. Not complaining, just thought I'd let you know.
> > 1) Jndi source adapter
> > The jndi classes from Sun do not support ldap connections using ssl or
> > tls very well. They do not support connection pooling, thereby
> > causing
> > a lot of connection overhead. We wrote a source adapter using the
> > ldap
> > library from virginia tech - the one used by shibboleth. It works
> > quite
> > a bit more efficiently.
- UW's initial look at grouper, Jim Fox, 04/16/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper, Tom Barton, 04/16/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper, Michael R. Gettes, 04/17/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper, RL 'Bob' Morgan, 04/17/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] UW's initial look at grouper, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing, 04/20/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.