grouper-dev - f2f @ I2

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

f2f @ I2

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: f2f @ I2
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:02:50 -0500

As in the past, there will be a grouper working group meeting on "BoF Monday" at the Internet2 meeting in April. It's scheduled for 9:15-10:15am. Unlike in the past, this will be a grouper-only working group, not shared with the signet project (alas). There will be a separate session for the MACE-paccman working group.

The abstract I submitted yesterday reads:

"Grouper developers, adopters, and potential adopters come together to discuss feedback from the field, get clear on the different types of user interaction scenarios and how the Grouper toolkit should address them, and hear about new and upcoming features."

I thought it would be good to use the occasion to "get clear on the different types of user interaction scenarios". Basically, I'm interested to hear about approaches adopters have taken or would like to take to UIs for managing groups. When is a general purpose group management UI needed vs a UI element embedded in another application context vs a separate UI for managing a single group, or some more focused aspect of group management?

I'm also looking for people who'd like to give feedback on how grouper worked to solve some problem, or perhaps you found it couldn't do so because of something it lacks.

If you don't plan to attend but have feedback on grouper's adoptability or a view to contribute to the UI discussion, please either let someone know so they can proxy your input, or write the list and we can start the discussion here. I'd be happy to proxy anyone's input.