grouper-dev - RE: new grouper component: grouper client
Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: RE: new grouper component: grouper client
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 03:00:32 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
Grouper client is done. It might only work with grouper 1.4 rc2+ for some operations, but it is ready for use. J
Ive added everything I can think of (except caching, that can be a task for 1.5).
- I added all web service operations (batched, not lite, where applicable)
- It logs web service request and responses to file
- You can send an xml file to the web service
- Output templates so you aren’t dependent on the default (though the default is versioned)
- Added a build script to build a source or binary release from cvs.internet2:
- Found some bugs in WS and fixed them
- Lots of unit tests
Let me know if you have comments.
From: Chris Hyzer
I suggest we look at a new grouper component: grouper client.
Grouper client is intended for the department user of grouper (not the installer), and is an front end for LDAP and Grouper web services. It is a command line utility, and a Java library. It can be used to quickly get up and running with grouper, or can be used in production.
I have been working on this and have LDAP and two web services operations working, and it should be all downhill from here to create the rest. The current stuff is all unit tested and is ready to use, so feel free to download and try it.
I expect Penn to use this in production for Grouper 1.4, though since it is new, I labeled it as experimental (especially now before it is finally released J ).
Here are some use cases which are currently implemented:
<![if !supportLists]>1. <![endif]>Connect to LDAP SSL from windows freely and easily
<![if !supportLists]>2. <![endif]>Run LDAP lookups that might not even be grouper related (e.g. we want to convert a pennid to a pennkey, in our grouper ldap)
<![if !supportLists]>3. <![endif]>Run LDAP queries for hasMember, getMembers
<![if !supportLists]>4. <![endif]>Get the members of a group from LDAP, and store in a file, with each subjectId on a line
<![if !supportLists]>5. <![endif]>Get the members of a group from web services, and store a certain subject attribute in a file, with each one on its own line
<![if !supportLists]>6. <![endif]>Take a file of subjectIdentifiers, and replace the members of a group with it
Please give me any feedback, and maybe we can discuss at the next conference call.
- new grouper component: grouper client, Chris Hyzer, 12/01/2008
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- RE: new grouper component: grouper client, Chris Hyzer, 12/08/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.