grouper-dev - web service subjectIdentifier

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

web service subjectIdentifier

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: web service subjectIdentifier
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 15:09:29 -0500

Hey,

Another small tweak for web services, if the subject for an operation is looked up by subjectIdentifier, then the subjectIdentifier should be returned so the client can match up the output with the input (some operations can take multiple subjects).  Originally I had planned on the client telling the server to return that subject attribute, but I think it is too common and too tedious.  For 1.4+ clients in REST (this is backwards compatible for old clients) there is a new WsSubject attribute called identifierLookup which has the identifier used to lookup the subject (if applicable).  For SOAP to handle old clients, we will address backwards compatibility in 1.5, which I think will involve multiple environments, but not sure.

Here is an example with the grouperClient:

C:\grouper>java -jar grouperClient.jar --operation=getGrouperPrivilegesLiteWs --groupName=aStem:aGroup --subjectIdentifier=id.test.subject.0 --outputTemplate="${wsSubject.id}  -  ${wsSubject.identifierLookup}  -  ${wsGrouperPrivilegeResult.privilegeName}$newline$"

test.subject.0  -  id.test.subject.0  -  admin

test.subject.0  -  id.test.subject.0  -  read

test.subject.0  -  id.test.subject.0  -  view

C:\grouper>java -jar grouperClient.jar --operation=getGrouperPrivilegesLiteWs --groupName=aStem:aGroup --subjectIdentifier=id.test.subject.0 --outputTemplate="${wsSubject.id}  -  ${wsSubject.identifierLookup}  -  ${wsGrouperPrivilegeResult.privilegeName}$newline$" --clientVersion=v1_3_000

test.subject.0  -  null  -  admin

test.subject.0  -  null  -  read

test.subject.0  -  null  -  view

C:\grouper>

Let me know any comments/concerns,

  • web service subjectIdentifier, Chris Hyzer, 12/06/2008