grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] xmlExport/xmlImport in GSH

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] xmlExport/xmlImport in GSH

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] xmlExport/xmlImport in GSH
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:38:10 -0400

I hope there is a way to do what you want without layering more commands on
top of gsh... I committed a way to pass in a script for gsh to run as a
command line arg (not a file or stdin)... and you can put \n (slash n) for
newlines... if this is acceptable I can make some documentation about it.
Btw, gsh is slow due to invoker, I hope we can speed it up in 1.5 or 1.4.1.
also if it is preferable, we could have an arg to suppress the info at top
(and users can already suppress this in grouper.properties)... regarding
GSH_OPTS, we can add that at some point, in the meantime, lets just edit the
gsh.bat script (which is different than the example)

C:\mchyzer\isc\dev\grouper-qs-1.2.0\grouper\bin>gsh -runarg "subj =
findSubject(\"10021368\")\nsess= GrouperSession.start(subj)\nmember =
MemberFinder.findBySubject(sess, subj)\nmember.getGroups()"
Grouper starting up: version: 1.4.0 build date: 2008/10/22 12:23:16
...more startup output...
Type help() for instructions
Running command(s):

subj = findSubject("10021368")
sess = GrouperSession.start(subj)
member = MemberFinder.findBySubject(sess, subj)
member.getGroups()

subject: id='10021368' type='person' source='pennperson' name='Michael
Christopher Hyzer'
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession:
50fbb784-2617-49fb-b928-ff541efc9a17,'10021368','pe
rson'
member: id='10021368' type='person' source='pennperson'
uuid='10be24bf-0d5c-470d-8c8f-66267de1e8da'

group: name='penn:etc:webServiceClientUsers'
displayName='penn:etc:webServiceClientUsers' uuid='9dbc
03f8-734d-4633-8a33-0e94d42a0570'