grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 17-Sep-08

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 17-Sep-08

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 17-Sep-08
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:57:28 -0400

Since paths are not relevant in the same way with composites, this might have to work a little different.

Let me make the example I gave below slightly more complicated.  Say that A is a composite with factors B and C.  B has a member D, D has a member E, and E has a member A.

Do these effective membership make sense?

B has effective memberships E, A, and all of the composite memberships of A (D and E if composite type is a union).
D has the effective memberships A and all of the composite memberships of A (D and E if composite type is a union).
E has the effective memberships of all of the composite memberships of A (D and E if composite type is a union).

Also, A does not have A as a direct or indirect member.  -- This might actually be the only thing that changes from the current code.

Thanks!

-- Shilen