grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 17-Sep-08

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 17-Sep-08

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 17-Sep-08
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:29:51 -0400

If we allow it for memberships, we should allow it for composites.  So for you example below, it stops once a group is a member of itself (right?)

So if A is a composite group with factors unioned B and C.  And D is a member of B.  And A is a member of D.  Then the members of D are everything they normally are (without a circular membership), but stop with D since we aren’t adding members twice for circular memberships…  right?  So D would have all the membership A, B, C etc but not D again.  However composite memberships work…

Regards,

Chris