grouper-dev - binary grouper release

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

binary grouper release

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: binary grouper release
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:02:10 -0400

Hey,

We discussed on the call today that a binary grouper release makes sense, but that a binary UI or WS release does not make sense.

I wonder if there is an argument to include the grouper.jar inside the UI or WS (like WS does), so that if building UI or WS you don’t need to have the source grouper distribution… hmmm, anyways, back on topic… J

We were thinking if we had batch or shell scripts to do the things that were done with ant (e.g. unit testing, schemexport, xml import/export, etc), that we wouldn’t need the grouper source, and wouldn’t need ant.  Just a tgz file that would have the grouper jar, all the dependent jars, the config files, and the batch/shell scripts (and maybe other thing… but not the source directory)

I assume this wouldn’t replace the source tgz, just be another way to download grouper.

Does this sound good?  If no objections I can make an ant script and the batch/shell scripts to make this possible.