grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] changelog implementation sketch

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] changelog implementation sketch

  • From: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • To: "Tom Barton" <>
  • Cc: "Grouper Dev" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] changelog implementation sketch
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:54:36 -0500

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Tom Barton <> wrote:
In addition, attribute names should come from the grouper_fields table. In particular, there's no [effective|immediate|composite] variants of a list field - that's a UI presentation thing.

So do away with [attr|list|priv]Name and just use the field names ? e.g.

dn: ...
add: members
members: subjectA
-
add: admins
admins: subjectA
-

That's (almost embarrassingly) straightforward - I was thinking that non-grouper consumers would want to identify attributes and lists (grouper types) so they would know what values to expect (subjects or strings). At first I thought we should include 'type' in the change representation, and had <type name>[attr|list]Name to identify default and custom attributes, e.g. baseAttributeDescription and memphisAttributeDescription to provide separate attribute namespaces. I wasn't looking at grouper_fields, but rather the API, perhaps I thought too much :)