grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 1200EDT (1600Z)

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 1200EDT (1600Z)

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: caleb racey <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 1200EDT (1600Z)
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:26:20 -0400

I think the issue is that the web.xml ships with servlet container simple
auth in it, right Tom?
I modified the README.txt to tell people to take out that part in the web.xml
if they don't want it (maybe it should be a web.example.xml)...
Incidentally, we will use the kerberos authenticator at Penn, so Im ok with
commenting out the simple auth as a default... it's the easiest for a quick
start though probably.

Also, I found the same results as Sanjay, and the build script reflects that.
You can either build grouper-ws in non-rampart mode, or rampart mode (and
you should deploy twice to run both). If you wanted container simple auth,
and apache + mod_jk (or whatever connector to a servlet container), you could
do that in one deployment I believe... same with Kerberos. But the rampart
affects the Axis config files, and you cant have multiple configs for
multiple servlets in one webapp.

Regards,
Chris