grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper call5-March-2008

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper call5-March-2008

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper call5-March-2008
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:49:21 -0400

> I think it would be best to leave these changes to the beginning of the
> next cycle as they may have knock on effects it is hard to track down
> just
> now. e.g. if we remove the uuid column, we presumably get rid of
> getUuid
> and findByUuid methods in favour of getId and findById. I'd rather not
> have
> to make those kinds of changes now.

FYI, I pictured not changing those. The changes are very minimal. I left
getUuid(), and setUuid() (uuid maps to id col), and the getId() which is a
method in superclass (Hib3Dao?) just returns uuid (this is used for
toString()). There is not more setId(). Anyways, just mentioning that the
API really wouldn't notice this change...