grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Connection Pooling with JNDISourceAdapter

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Connection Pooling with JNDISourceAdapter

  • From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Connection Pooling with JNDISourceAdapter
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:16:57 -0400

Shilen helped me figure out the problem...

While I modified subject-api and put it in the right places... I was
doing my testing with ldappc. I had already changed ldappc to include grouper-lib.jar
and, as it turns out, grouper-lib.jar has subject-api embedded into it. Shilen
and I both believe that subject-api should be its own jar file to eliminate
this kind of confusion. I am now enjoying substantial performance benefit with
subject-api and LDAP interactions in LDAPPC and grouper.

shilen is also correct (i am learning!) that com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool
should be in the code and other variables need to be established at invocation
in the system environment.

/mrg