grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper 1.2.0 in production at Brown

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper 1.2.0 in production at Brown

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: "Cramton, James" <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper 1.2.0 in production at Brown
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:36:56 -0500

Cramton, James wrote:
It's worth noting, however, that we encountered an architectural issue
under the jndi person registry that we avoid by the design of our sql
person registry. We saw java exceptions in Grouper for groups that
referenced person objects that have been purged from our LDAP directory.
It seems the subject API needs to instantiate the subject before it can
remove a member of a group. But if the subject does not exist in the
directory, Grouper produces a runtime exception when it tries to
instantiate the subject.

Would you mind opening a jira issue to this effect? I agree that grouper should adopt some means more nearly automatic for removing memberships and privileges associated with deleted subjects.