grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Hooks

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Hooks

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Marcus Dübois <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Hooks
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 07:48:18 -0500

Marcus Dübois wrote:
Wow, a lot of questions... So what do you guys think? Is this the way to go? How can we proceed on this?

If you have any interest in testing the prototype, looking at the source code etc I think Tom or Jessica can
post a link to it?

I've attached the files to this page in the wiki:
<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Hooks>.

An initial consideration by blair & Tom of which grouper API events to hook is found at <https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Candidate+Grouper+API+Hook+Points>.

Let's proceed by first asking folks to take a look and reflect their opinions on this general approach back to the list. I'll also invite the UChicago Authority Manager developers to look at this from the perspective of implementing its external business rules, ie, evaluate the approach from the perspective of at least that one real application.

Tom

PS. Jessica, can you add Marcus & Leif to the appropriate group in the wiki so that they can edit pages in the Grouper Project area?