grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper DB Schema and Foreign Keys

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper DB Schema and Foreign Keys

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: "Cramton, James" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper DB Schema and Foreign Keys
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 14:37:37 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=Fr//6I2JOTee7eGL7T+tYiLsjDaIvI5OcZ0fcfDDyWOvj7hxcxM5x6dGDcnEStap7DYmZrHEjqhrkcrg/2RR0E+z9aMbOl9gAtLzBGRpyTDFJ2UGl5u8hdcY4syZOn6jc6SksJuOsYYzkKoGqIA0sECUvqU0BvjiE3kJiNQYgyc=

On 7/3/07, Cramton, James
In working on our Grouper LDAP provisioning project, I notice that there are
no foreign keys in our Grouper DB running on Oracle 10g. Is this a glitch
in our Oracle dialect, or are the foreign keys intentionally missing from
the schema?

That was intentional. I found Hibernate to be far less annoying to
work with, more reliable (and in this case: faster) after eliminating
the foreign keys.

I've poked around on the wiki, but I can't find an ER diagram or any docs
that might shed some light.

We used to publish one of those with each release but I guess we
haven't for the last couple. Tom and I can look into creating a new
one. What other documentation would be useful?