grouper-dev - Grouper DB Schema and Foreign Keys

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Grouper DB Schema and Foreign Keys

  • From: "Cramton, James" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Grouper DB Schema and Foreign Keys
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:31:06 -0400

In working on our Grouper LDAP provisioning project, I notice that there are no foreign keys in our Grouper DB running on Oracle 10g.  Is this a glitch in our Oracle dialect, or are the foreign keys intentionally missing from the schema? Many of the table relationships appear to be self-evident from their names alone, but before I reverse engineer the schema, is there any existing schema documentation that identifies the foreign key constraints? I've poked around on the wiki, but I can't find an ER diagram or any docs that might shed some light.

FWIW, I'm investigating a new LDAP provisioning option of adding a view to our schema to present data needed to export to LDAP. I'm not sure if it has legs, but it's one of several approaches we're looking into. Depending on the complexity of the relationships, it may prove more efficient than exercising the grouper API to export groups to LDAP. Or, it may be unworkable for reasons I have yet to figure out :-)

Thanks!

James Cramton
Lead Programmer/Analyst
Brown University