grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Ldappc suggestion

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Ldappc suggestion

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Ldappc suggestion
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:56:04 -0600

I agree that your proposal is more concise syntax. In fact, maybe even leave the <query-list> element out of it.

Does anyone have any reasons why this syntax should not be trimmed up in the next release of ldappc?

Tom

Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
Oh my, that formatted badly. Try this. -K

On 2/17/07 10:58 AM, "Kathryn Huxtable"

BTW, I don't really like the selection XML syntax. Instead of having
a separate section with a list with options for each type of
selection, why not mix them, e.g. Instead of

<group-queries>
<subordinate-stem-queries>
<stem-list>
<stem>testStem</stem>
<stem>qsuob</stem>
</stem-list>
</subordinate-stem-queries>
<attribute-matching-queries>
<attribute-list>
<attribute name="attribute" value="value" />
</attribute-list>
</attribute-matching-queries>
</group-queries>
Why not have:

<group-queries>
<query-list>
<subordinate-stem stem=”testStem” />
<attribute-match name="attribute" value="value" />
</query-list>
</group-queries>
I think this would be more concise and also more readable. I would
also suggest doing away with the <query-list> element and making the
<group-queries> element take one or more of the different query type
elements.

BTW, using Blair’s GroupTypeFilter I have produced a group type
query selector for ldappc. This is done.

-K

On 2/12/07 8:12 AM, "blair christensen."