grouper-dev - Grouper issue tracking

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Grouper issue tracking

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: grouper-dev <>
  • Subject: Grouper issue tracking
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:52:20 -0500

For the past week I've been experimenting with using Google Code as a
replacement issue tracker for Grouper. I've set up a test
[i2mi-grouper project][0] which I have been using.

As anyone who has looked at Grouper's Bugzilla instance lately can
tell I haven't been paying much (well, any) attention to it. Far too
often Bugzilla felt like more of a hindrance while working through
reported issues, its searching and categorizing capabilities and
restrictions always frustrated me, and in most cases I would spend
more time dealing with Bugzilla than with the actual reported issues.

Now, Google Code is far from perfect but even with its current flaws
it has been more enjoyable to work with than Bugzilla. Of course, if
Google fixes the issues I've reported it will be a lot more usable.

I think it is "good enough" at this point but I would be curious to
know how others felt about it - and switching to it.

[0]: <http://code.google.com/p/i2mi-grouper/>